(no subject)
Jul. 8th, 2012 09:20 pm*sitting in the car, looking out the window, he has never actually been anywhere else in New York state, always stuck to the city, too poor to get a train anywhere further than New Jersey, so he's real interested in seeing the houses going by, the glimpses of the Hudson, as they make their way up to the foster home where Tony's daughter - and if that ain't a weird thought - has been living since her mother died*
no subject
Date: 2012-07-09 01:32 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2012-07-09 01:50 am (UTC)*startled, looks over at Tony and sighs* Listen, Tony - she's probably just as scared as you are. Just... you know. Say hello. Ask her how she's doing, that kind of thing. It'll come naturally, I bet.
*eyes him* Can I ask you... How did you not know about her? I mean... What happened?
no subject
Date: 2012-07-09 02:02 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2012-07-09 02:31 am (UTC)*is quiet while Tony speaks* ...I'm not going to say it was right for her to keep you in the dark, but maybe she thought you'd try and talk her out of keeping it? Or that you'd take the baby away. I mean, you're rich, Tony. You can do whatever you want. She probably thought she had a better chance if you didn't know. *shrugs* I know you wouldn't have done that, but I guess maybe she didn't? *looks at him* Do you wish she'd have done it? The- y'know. Got rid of the baby?
no subject
Date: 2012-07-09 02:44 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2012-07-09 02:57 am (UTC)Okay. *looks down at his hands* In my time, where we lived, everybody had too many kids. My neighbor had seven, and my dad's sister had nine. We lived with them when I was real little, in a two-room apartment. It didn't have a bathroom, and we kids all slept on the same mattress, pretty much on each other. Ma and my aunt slept in the kitchen. *laughs a little* It was rough, always having somebody's elbow in my face, and my cousin Barry used to wet the bed. *shakes his head* I remember wishin' my aunt didn't have 'em all, that it was just me, or maybe just me and my cousin Anne, because she was my age and the least annoying. But then I think about playin' with Malachy and Barry and all the rest of 'em and even though it was pretty hard growin' up like that, I'm glad they were there.
*sighs* I dunno why I'm telling you this. Sorry. Just saying that I get why sometimes it's a good idea, but... I'm kinda glad she didn't do it. 'Cause now I get to meet your kid, Tony. *gives him a sheepish little smile* Sorry, I know that's selfish of me, but I'm kinda excited.
no subject
Date: 2012-07-09 03:01 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2012-07-09 03:05 am (UTC)*shrugs* Sorry, I was babbling. I'll- oh, hey. I think we're here. *they're pulling up to a nice little house on a shady road* This looks real pretty. *opens the door, turns to Tony* Do you need a minute?
no subject
Date: 2012-07-09 03:27 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2012-07-09 03:30 am (UTC)*stands behind him, notices Tony is shaking, just a little, presses a hand to the small of his back, just enough to let him know he's there, he's not alone*
FOSTER MOM
Date: 2012-07-09 03:33 am (UTC)*opens the door, looking a little flustered but smiling anyway* Hello, Mister Stark. *nervously, offers her hand* I'm Gina Garten, CPS told me you'd be coming by. *looks at the tall, handsome man behind Mr Stark, shakes his hand, too* Come on in. I've got some lemonade, coffee, sodas. Can I get you anything?
*leads them into the house, which is spotless, obviously professionally cleaned, the SECOND CPS called to say that her foster's father, TONY STARK, was going to come and see her*
Re: FOSTER MOM
Date: 2012-07-09 03:37 am (UTC)Re: FOSTER MOM
Date: 2012-07-09 03:38 am (UTC)Of course! Have a seat, I'll go get her - she's out in the backyard. *scurries off*
no subject
Date: 2012-07-09 03:40 am (UTC)*comes in, obviously nervous as well, barefoot and wearing jeans and a Black Widow t-shirt, her hair in a messy ponytail, hovers in the doorway between the kitchen and the living room, regarding the men on the sofa warily* Um, hi. *softly* Gina said to come see you. *swallows* Hi.
no subject
Date: 2012-07-09 03:42 am (UTC)*feels a little like he's been dropped into the frozen ocean again when Amelia appears, she looks so much like Tony that he wonders why they had to do a blood test at all, gets to his feet immediately and nods at her, smiles* How d'you do, miss. *fills the silence so Tony can have a moment to react* I'm Steve Rogers, and this is Tony Stark. *hand on Tony's shoulder*
no subject
Date: 2012-07-09 05:03 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2012-07-09 05:10 am (UTC)*sticks out her hand, because that's how her mom taught her* It's nice to meet you too, Mister Stark. *looks at him* You look like me. Mom said we looked alike. You look a lot better in person, Mister Stark.
no subject
Date: 2012-07-09 05:18 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2012-07-09 05:22 am (UTC)Okay. Mom only called me Amelia when I was in trouble, so I like Amy better. But you can call me Amelia too if you want. *looks at him* Gina said since you're my dad I might go live with you but you have to decide. I don't have to live with you if you don't want me to. Gina said my best friend's mom offered to let me live with her if you said no. *notices a really tall, blond guy behind Tony, but doesn't say anything*
no subject
Date: 2012-07-09 05:30 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2012-07-09 05:34 am (UTC)*surprised, her eyes go big and her mouth opens a little, she'd honestly expected to be allowed to go live with Lily and her mom, had never really thought someone as busy and famous and Tony Stark would want her around, even though her mom had said Tony could be a really nice guy* Really? *a very faint smile, the first one in a week* To your house? Where do you live? I know you got a house in California but I thought I saw online you live here too. 'Cause I don't want to go to California, unless it's just for Disneyland. Have you been to Disneyland? Could we go, maybe? Um. *realises she's babbling and feels like a complete idiot* Sorry. I talk a lot. Mom was always telling me I talk too much at once. Sorry.
no subject
Date: 2012-07-09 05:44 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2012-07-09 05:46 am (UTC)Really? Can we bring Lily? Oh, I know about Stark Tower! I saw it on the news when it blew up. Mom cried a lot because she said it was like 9/11 again. But I like the new sign with just the A. Who is that? *points at Steve* Is that your boyfriend?
no subject
Date: 2012-07-09 05:48 am (UTC)*starts, had been lost in watching her and Tony interact, started grinning like an idiot when Tony immediately invited her to live with him* Oh, uh. No, ma'am. We aren't- *comes over and offers a hand* I work with, uh, your dad.
no subject
Date: 2012-07-09 05:54 am (UTC)(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From: